Useful Information and Links
Accessible Information Standard
Listed are useful links on implementing the Accessible Information Standard (AIS) which came into effect on 1st August 2016.
- This video shows members of Manchester People First talking about what helps them to attend health appointments.
- Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications App - makes every day conversations and surrounding sounds more accessible among people who are deaf and hard of hearing, using just a phone.
- Relay UK supports d/Deaf people and people with speech impairments to communicate with anyone over the phone using an app based national relay service.
- RNIB Business - Transcription Services - RNIB’s transcription team takes original copy and transforms it into accessible formats including braille, large and giant print, and audio.
- Breakthrough UK - a Manchester based organisation led by disabled people who support other disabled people to work and live independently.