Useful Information and Links
Accessible Information Standard
Listed are useful links on implementing the Accessible Information Standard (AIS) which came into effect on 1st August 2016.
- This video shows members of Manchester People First talking about what helps them to attend health appointments.
- Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications App - makes every day conversations and surrounding sounds more accessible among people who are deaf and hard of hearing, using just a phone.
- Relay UK supports d/Deaf people and people with speech impairments to communicate with anyone over the phone using an app based national relay service.
- RNIB Business - Transcription Services - RNIB’s transcription team takes original copy and transforms it into accessible formats including braille, large and giant print, and audio.
- Breakthrough UK - a Manchester based organisation led by disabled people who support other disabled people to work and live independently.
Strep A (Scarlet fever) Infection Information
- Click here to watch a YouTube video explaining what Strep A is, how it might affect your child and what the treatments might be
- Healthier Together - link to a website containing lots of useful information
- UK Health Security Agency - the top 5 things you can do to help protect your little ones under age five and reduce the risk of infections for your family this season
Childline has launched The Full Story campaign to encourage more children and teenagers at risk of or currently experiencing sexual exploitation to use Childline for immediate, confidential help.
Click here for more information.